Sexual harassment is widely condemned as a form of human rights violation, an infringement on life and liberty and a grave form of discrimination affront to dignity, gender equality, and fundamental rights. In compliance with the mandate of Supreme Court Judgment, ISM has adopted guidelines & procedures to observe the law on harassment of women in workplace. ISM is committed to providing for all women employees and students of the institution, a place of work and study that is free from sexual harassment, intimidation and exploitation.
ISM has constituted a Gender Sensitization Committee on women affairs comprising the following members to address complaints of such harassment. The Committee will also aim to create general awareness to sensitize the community about gender issues and work towards an enabling environment and conducive atmosphere of gender justice, personal security and dignity.
1. Prof. Debjani Mitra, Electronics Engg, Chairperson
2. Prof. Rima Chatterjee, Professor, App. Geophysics, Member
3. Dr. Dheeraj Kumar, Associate Prof., Mining Engg, Member
4. Dr. Rashmi Madhuri, Asst. Prof., App. Chemistry, Member
5. Dr. Sahendra Singh, Asst. Prof, App. Geology, Member
6. Prof. S. K. Maiti, Environment Science and Engg, Advisor
7. Prof. R.K. Upadhyay, App. Mathematics, Advisor
|Sexual Harassment is an offence under The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
(Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal ) Act, 2013 No. 14 of 2013
|Click Here for details of Act|
|Guidelines for Gender Champions||Click Here for details|
|NOTICE FOR GENDER CHAMPIONS||Click Here for details|
|APPLICATION FORM FOR ENGAGEMENT AS GENDER CHAMPION||Click Here for List|